Traveling with Your Pet

Ready to travel with your pet? Fresh Meadows Animal Clinic can help you prepare!

In Queens, many international travelers like to bring their pets along. Traveling with your pets can be a fun and rewarding experience! We recommend clients are properly informed and equipped with proper documentation, medications and flight information.

Domestic Travel Certification

A domestic Health Certificate is required by many states and airlines. These ensure your pets are healthy enough to travel safely and that no communicable or regional diseases have been found. Each airline has a different set of criteria, so please research the specific requirements that will apply to your situation. FMAC is able to issue official letterhead Health Certificates to our patients following a regular exam.

International Travel Certification

If you’re leaving the country, you will most likely need special USDA or EU documents or Rabies titer testing. These special forms usually must be issued within 10 days of travel and stamped at the JFK USDA office.

As a USDA-accredited veterinary practice, FMAC can provide the travel documentation necessary for international travel.

Using the USDA Pet Travel Website

Follow the link below, and enter your destination country. If travelling within the US, you may enter your destination state lower on the page. Select “View Requirements” and they will provide you with a list of all of the paperwork you must have in place in order to bring your pet into that country or state.

NOTE: It is important that you do this with plenty of time before your trip, as some countries have requirements that require extensive planning and preparation.

Look Up Requirements